[Bristol-Birds] GBBC Fox Sparrows

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:48:36 -0800 (PST)

I went out this afternoon to cover another area for the GBBC. It was another
interesting day. I had never seen White-throated and White-crowned Sparrows
feeding together except at a feeder but I did today. They were foraging in a
farmyard and in another brushy area about 1/4 mile away. I also probably
doubled the number of Fox Sparrows that I have seen in Virginia. I saw 28 in
the River Mountain Road area and 1 at our feeders. I was happy with the one at
our feeders.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA