[Bristol-Birds] Fwd: A day of variety

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:14:08 EDT

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, troubleinshangrila1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:21:45 EDT
On Tuesday, 04/24, we had an interesting day of wildlife in our yard.  About
7:30 a.m. five deer trotted across our yard.  Within 10 minutes, a red fox
alertly crossed the yard perpendicular to the route of the deer.  About 1/2
hour
after the fox, I had my first Rose-breasted Grosbeaks ( 2 males) at our
sunflower feeder.  While cutting the grass at about 10 a.m.  I noticed that our
1/4
acre pond was muddy around the edges.  There had been no rain, so I was
curious about the cause.  I rode the mower down to cut the grass on top of the
dam
and discovered the cause of the muddy water.  The edge was alive with Common
Toads courting and mating.  There had to be one toad every 5-10 feet.  At that
point, I reflected back to the loud toad chorus that I had heard the evening
before.  Yesterday, I had my first Kentucky Warbler of the year, and this
morning, we were visited by a male House Wren.  Spring is wonderful!    John
Moyle
 Glen Alpine Road   Kingsport

 See
what's free at http://www.aol.com.