[Bristol-Birds] Feb 12 Field Trip Details

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:21:57 EDT

Meet at 8:00 a.m.at Winged Deer Park Frisbee Golf Course entrance off Carroll
Creek Road.  We will bird the park briefly and then carpool to Austin
Springs.  From there we will go on to South Holston Lake/Musick's Campground
and the
Weir Dam.
We will stop for lunch in the vicinity.  Birds from a similar trip last year
include:  Blue-winged Teal, Pied-billed Grebe, Green Heron, Red-breasted
Merganser, American Coot, Ring-necked Duck, Great Egret, Osprey, Common Loon,
Lesser Scaup, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Spotted Sandpiper, Double-crested
Cormorant, Bonaparte's Gull, Pectoral Sandpiper, Wilson's Plover, Ring-billed
Gull, Bald Eagle, Caspian Tern, Common Snipe, Forster's Tern, Solitary
Sandpiper,
Ruddy Duck, REd-throated Loon.  Leader:  Larry McDaniel

John Moyle              Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport