[Bristol-Birds] Eurasian Collared-Dove (Hamblen Co., TN)

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:14:49 -0400 (EDT)

August 14, 2010
[posted August 15, 2010]

I found a Eurasian Collared-Dove along Highway 160 in Lowland, Hamblen County
at mid-day yesterday. The bird was perched on a wire in the industrial site
located along the highway, about a mile south of Interstate 81.

This is my first personal record for the species in Hamblen County. As far as I
know, the only other record for the county is an observation by Ben Britton on
June 6, 2007 (The Migrant 78:142). If anyone has any other info on Eurasian
Collared-Dove in Hamblen County, please share it. Thanks very much.

Don Miller
Greeneville, Greene Co., TN