[Bristol-Birds] Erwin Linear Park, May 10, 2012

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 11:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

I had a meeting in Erwin this morning and was able to bird for about an hour
before it started.  Unfortunately, someone had apparently come through with a
migrant vacuum overnight for there were few warblers.  There is a patch of
decent mud flat (north from McDonalds) and I found a few Least, Spotted and
Solitary Sandpipers.

On another note, my daughter and I hiked the Pinnacle Mt Firetower trail out of
Unicoi Monday evening and heard a decent sample of warblers as we hiked.  We
also heard a couple Whippoorwills there at dusk.  (Mental note to get there
some morning soon to bird it properly.)  It is a nice trail about 5 miles long
to a restored firetower with an awesome view.  However, I might mention that a
friend that trail runs there emailed me that he came over a rise to find an
adult black bear in the trail this week.

From: do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx <do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: eBird Report - Erwin Linear Park, May 10, 2012
To: dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 2:19 PM