[Bristol-Birds] CLAY-COLORED sparrow

  • From: "judymoose" <judymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:56:05 -0500

Judy Moose
Rural Retreat,VA

observed from Bland Co. VA, Rt. 610

On Friday, June 5th a Clay-colored sparrow was heard singing and observed by
two of us while doing a Forest Service survey of Golden Winged Warbler habitat.
On Sun., June 7th my husband and I went back to check the area again and I
took the following pictures. (not very good)

The only recent record I was able to find was one that wintered in Staunton, VA
and was present in April of 2014.This was in the VA Birds quarterly journal.