[Bristol-Birds] Re: Bristol Christmas Bird Count Results

  • From: "Rick Knight" <RKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>,"Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:45:55 -0500

Wallace et al.,
The number of Palm Warblers on the Bristol CBC was actually a remarkable 17
(not 7), with three parties reporting them (9+7+1).  They were also found on
the CBCs at Elizabethton & Greeneville.  This species has greatly increased
in recent years as an early winter visitor in east Tennessee,  sometimes
lingering thru the whole season.
Rick Knight
Johnson City, TN
rknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx