[Bristol-Birds] Bluff City Bald Eagle nest cam is up and gorgeous on BTES Cable TV

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:36:48 -0500

If you are a Bristol Tennessee Essential Services

cable TV subscriber, the ETSU/BTES Bluff City EagleCam

is up and running on the cable:

First: you must be subscribed to the Music Choice Channel

Second: you can either go to channel 1 on your cable and back it down to
channel 999 and then 1001. Or you can simply input channel 1001 into your
remote control and punch the OK button. (this may only be a temporary
channel for this setup period)

It it does not come up on Channel 1001 the first try, simply disconnect the
cable at the back of your box for 5 seconds and then plug it back in and
wait on the system to boot. Then punch in chnnel 1001 and it should work.
As soon as BTES can get a signal sent out to all boxes on the system, you
will not have to do the 5 second thing. The 5 seconds is only a one time
step and you do not need to do it again.

The faint rumble over the speaker is the wind blowing across the microphone.
I am also hearing dogs in the background, Canada Geese and crows calling as
they fly over and car motors in the most extreme distances.

I have it on in the background and have not seen an eagle at the nest or any
other animal.