[Bristol-Birds] Black-bellied Plover - Dickcissels

  • From: MerlinZ02@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:46:49 EDT

I found a Black-bellied Plover on the Powell Rd pond (across S.R.34 from West
View School) in Washington County, TN yesterday (5/26/05).  I grabbed my
scope and digicam and got a few pictures.  The pictures are some of the best I
have ever gotten, but on at least one you can see the heavier bill of the
Black-bellied Plover (as compared to American Golden Plover).  It was also
interesting that the bird was still inbetween basic and alternate plumage.
The pictures can be viewed here:

http://www.technobohemia.com/beta/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=Biller_Photos

Also on that page are some pics of the Dickcissel's on Keebler Road in
Washington County, TN.  It was tremendously fun to hear Dickcissles singing in
5.1
DTS surround stereo.  There had to be 8+ singing birds from all around where I
was standing + at least 2-3 more on the east end of the road.

Rob Biller