[Bristol-Birds] Birds at Steele Creek Park

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:17:22 -0400

Gil Derouen, Reece Jamerson, Brookie & Jean Potter and I spent the morning
birding at Steele Creek Park, Bristol, TN.   Highlights include:

Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Eastern Wood Pewee
Eastern Kingbird
Yellow-throated Vireo
Yellow-throated Warbler
Baltimore Oriole
Summer Tanager

Thanks to Larry McDaniel, who took some of his lunch time to help us locate the
Summer Tanager.  It was a brilliant male, we all had good viewing, and Jean got
some good pictures of it.

On the way over to Steele Creek Park, we stopped at Winged Deer Park at the
Kinch Boat Launch Ramp to check for Orioles, without any luck.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City, Washington Cty, TN