[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagle in Kingsport

  • From: "geller70@xxxxxxxxxxx" <geller70@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:20:25 GMT

While in Kingsport this morning (Jan 16) I decided to swing by Netherland Drive
and the Riverfront resturant on my way home to see if I could see the "local
resident" Spotted Sandpiper along the rocks in the river.  I was successful in
finding the sandpiper and then drove northeast to the first pull off past the
old bridge.  I found Cormorants, Coots, Mallards, Canada Geese and Pied-billed
Grebes on the water.  As I was beginnig to pull out of this parking area I
spotted a large bird soaring.  I got out of the car and saw a 2nd or 3rd year
Bald Eagle cruising and soaring above the river.  It is always a thrill to find
an eagle in our area.  Maybe it was trying to find lunch before the predicted
snow storm hits.
Glen Eller
Fall Branch

Click here to explore the best options for affordable internet service!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4t51Keew1LtwZCbwTvI76RV88N12e2JuyqOBXH8MdNagnvG6/