[Bristol-Birds] Bald Eagle in Buchanan County

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

My husband, Ed, and I saw a Bald Eagle this morning in the western section of
Buchanan County, specifically, Caney Island Branch. The mature bird was flying
high, but he was gracious enough to circle a couple of times for us before he
headed out of sight. A remarkable bird for this area. Other raptors included
five Red-tailed Hawks, a Sharp-shinned Hawk, two Cooper's Hawks, and a Turkey
Vulture.

  We also saw two House Wrens on our hike, which are rare in this area, and a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. We saw a Swainson's Thrush and a Hermit Thrush, as
well as a Blue-headed Vireo and several Yellow-rumped Warblers.

  Michelle Talbott
  Buchanan County Bird Club

Building a website is a piece of cake.