[Bristol-Birds] BBC meeting set tonight with Bryan Stevens as speaker (open to public)

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:52:12 -0500

"Feathered Friends"
   Program featue of tonight's BBC
   Meeting at Bristol Public Library

Bryan Stevens, assistant editor of the
Elizabethton STAR newspaper, will be
the guest speaker for tonight's Bristol Bird
Club's (Tuesday, Nov. 15), monthly
meeting.  The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m.

About half of the members gather, starting
around 6 p.m., at the Mad Greek Restaurant
on the Volunteer Parkway just north of the
Bristol Motor Speedway for a Dutch dinner.

BBC members will also hear a brief introduction to this year's  local Christmas
Bird Counts and how to participate..  It is a good time to schedule a place in
count party for one or more of the upcoming counts.

 It is a great opportunity to mark calendars and get meeting times.

 Since this is our last meeting before our Dec.10 BBC Christmas
 Party at Mike Poe's home, we hope to have a bit more advanced
 details and such.

Sixteen years ago Stevens wrote his first bird column for the newspaper
and it has steadily attracted an ever-growing loyal readership.  His
audience looks forward to reading each line of his delightful and colorful
columns.

 BBC members will pleasantly enjoy his journey through the pages of
 the STAR over the years and his stories and photos of interesting
 encounters and interesting people along the way.  His readers write and
 call weekly to report strange western hummingbirds at their feeders or
 a large and dependable flock of Red Crossbills eating sunflower seeds
 just outside their windows.  Most of what he will share is all new to
 many of our birders who don't have access to his newspaper circulation.

JPEG image