[Bristol-Birds] Austin Springs pelagic, Aug 9, 2014

  • From: "david kirschke" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 05:10:13 -0700

I decided to take the kayak out to get ready for the shorebird season at Rankin
Bottoms.  Not sure if anyone else was able to get on the Laughing Gull that
Rick Knight reported at Austin Springs earlier.  I saw a gull way in the
distance as I started paddling from Winged Deer around 11:00-11:30, but by the
time I rounded the corner hoping to get a better look it was nowhere to be
found.  Below are links to some photos from my most recent real pelagic trips
this spring (just got around to going through all the photos) and a brief blog
post about them.

Austin Springs, Washington, US-TN
Aug 9, 2014 11:00 AM
Protocol: Incidental
Comments:     By kayak.
14 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  25
Great Blue Heron  3
Green Heron  6
Osprey  2
Killdeer  4
gull sp.  1     As I started paddling from Winged Deer Park toward Austin
Springs at about 11:00-11:30 I briefly saw a gull in the distance.  I thought I
would get a better look when I got closer, but I never saw it again.
Presumably, this was likely the Laughing Gull reported by Rick Knight earlier
in the day.
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  4
Belted Kingfisher  5
Eastern Kingbird  10
American Crow  2
Cliff Swallow  10
Eastern Bluebird  4
Song Sparrow  1
Red-winged Blackbird  6
American Goldfinch  3

View this checklist online at

David Kirschke
Johnson City, TN

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dkirschke/

Zen Birding

Zen Birding
I was recently invited to join Alaskan birder Dave
Sonneborn, with whom I have a mutual friend in Anchorage, on a series of
pelagic trips out of Hatteras, North Car...
View on zenandbirding.blogspo... Preview by Yahoo