[Bristol-Birds] 2nd Wilson's Warbler in Buchanan Co.

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:56:57 -0400

Area Birders,
On 9/7/05 I photographed here in my yard on Compton Mt the first recorded
Wilson's Warbler reported in Buchanan County. Yesterday 9/22/05  veteran
birder, David Raines found a second Wilson's near a small stream at his home in
Breaks VA on the other side of the county. The one I photographed was a male.
This one was a female. According to David it had just a hint of black on its
head. I wonder if the drought conditions in this end of the state had anything
to do with two birds of this species showing up in an area, where they had
never been recorded before.

Enjoy the birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt (near Grundy)