[BNU] Re: even more network drive questions

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Patrick Houck <victimsofchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 21:41:08 -0800

Ok can you give links to these ftp sites please? Also how much online storage do they give you without having to pay. I would want at least 40 gb.

From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx
To: bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:55:26 -0800
Subject: [BNU] even more network drive questions

Hi.  Some of these questions will either be off topic or have the
potential to get off topic very quickly because all of my
questions have to do with networking, but some of them have
nothing or very little to do with the braillenote.  However, some
of them are all about networking with the braillenote.  Some of
them will be on topic though.  Feel free to reply to the on topic
ones on list, but if you are replying to an off topic part,
please email me off list at jessicabrown531@xxxxxxxxx.  Thank
you.
Here are the on topic questions.  Well I got my network drive
thingy set up.  I set up the network on my pc and then set up a
bunch of shared folders.  Then I was able to find the folders
using my Apex.  It is nice.  Now I have all My music on my
computer
and I can listen to it on my Apex which is better because I am
better at navigating the Apex then the computer but there is
about 34 gb of music so it would never all fit on the Apex flash
disk.  However, When I go to the network places option on my pc,
can not see the files on my Apex.  Why not? Now is there any way
could use my Apex to access files on my computer when they are on
different networks? For example my computer is at home connected
to my home wifi network and I am at a friend's house connected to
there wifi? If I can not do it through the network drive, is
there another way I could do it? Ok now the off topic questions
start.  Is there an iOS app I can use to access the same files on
the network that I access on my Apex, but that would let me
access them on my iPhone? Is there an iOS app that would let me
access my files on my computer when my computer is at home
connected to the home wifi and I am walking down the street with
my iPhone on 3g data? I also do not want to leave my computer on
all the time just because I do not know when I might need a file.
So is there an iOS app I can use to turn my computer off and on
even when I am not at home using wake on lan or something?

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view