[BNU] Re: docx files

  • From: Tony James <megatronjames@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx, mlewicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:24:16 -0400

I'm confused. I thought that when you clicked on a docx file the bn would give you a choice between editing and viewing the file. I don't deal with this format myself so just asking for clarification.

Tony the most cuddly tiger ever

family. They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole. They were the ones who showed up. Who stayed in there regardless. It wasn't just about blood or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger. Cora was right. we have many families over time. Our family of origin, the family we created as well as the groups you moved through while all of this was happening. Friends, lovers, sometimes even strangers. none of them were perfect and we couldn't expect them to be. you couldn't make any one person your world. The trick was to take what each could give you and build a world from it. (Lock And Key)

From: "Lewicki, Maureen" <mlewicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 21:55:33 +0000
Subject: [BNU] Re: braillenote Digest V6 #264

We have the newest update for the Apex but  My student says that
the docx docs can only be read as txt, but she can not edit, or
add to the doc.  Is there something we are doing wrong?
Maureen Murphy Lewicki
Teacher of Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central Schools
(518)439-7681
"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is
wrought in our life, or in the life of another." Helen Keller
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:06 AM
To: braillenote digest users
Subject: braillenote Digest V6 #264

braillenote Digest      Wed, 11 Sep 2013        Volume: 06
Issue: 264

In This Issue:
               [BNU] Re: using i heart radio
               [BNU] Filling Up My Inbox
               [BNU] Re: using i heart radio
               [BNU] Re: Needing an address for your BrailleNote
Team
               [BNU] Re: Needing an address for your BrailleNote
Team
               [BNU] Admin's Letter: A few notes on forwarding,
messages an
               [BNU] Re: Admin's Letter: A few notes on
forwarding, message
               [BNU] Re: Needing an address for your BrailleNote
Team
               [BNU] Re: Admin's Letter: A few notes on
forwarding, message
               [BNU] Re: Needing an address for your BrailleNote
Team
               [BNU] Just Received An Email from Alex Bec
               [BNU] File sharing site (2Shared)
               [BNU] Hey guys i made a great! descovery
               [BNU] Re: Hey guys i made a great! descovery
               [BNU] Re: Hey guys i made a great! descovery

-----

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:02:28 -0600
From: Paul <turtlefam28@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Re: using i heart radio

Stop sending like a hundred of the same email! Your filling up my
inbox!

Paul.  G is for go figure.  R is for righteousness.  E is for
well, you know; Excellent! A is for absolute kindness.  T is for
the best friends.  If you have all five you are well I hope you
spelled it great!

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:41:30 -0400
From: Roanna Baccchus <rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Filling Up My Inbox

Hi Kk hope you're doing well.  Please stop sending so many emails
to the BrailleNote list.  Just put all of your questions in one
message.  This will make it easier for us to respond to you.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:43:42 -0800
From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx

If your scripting is on, try turning it off.  If it is already
off,  try turning it on.

-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:29:26 -0400
From: Roanna Baccchus <rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Re: Needing an address for your BrailleNote Team

Hi everyone here's a response I got from one of the
representatives at Humanware.  I sent them an email asking when
the fix for not being able to clicks in email using Ks 9.3 would
be released.  Read the response and tell me what you think.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:09:42 -0800
From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx

Again, typical typical typical.  Hey hw, why not try telling us
when or if the problem may be fixed instead of always saying we
passed it on to another department? And once the department gets
our message, we never hear back from that department about when
or if they can fix the problem.  We are just left hanging and
wondering.  This is not the first time you have given a response
like this, you do it every time me or someone else sends you an
email.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 12:19:39 -0700
From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Admin's Letter: A few notes on forwarding,
messages and others

Friends, members, countrymen, lend me your ears.  I came to bury
confusion, not to judge anyone...
No, I'm not asking where that "quotation" came from (I'm sure
most would know where it comes from).  But I'm sure this should
sum up the following admin's letter (which I and Alex send
regularly to send greetings and present moderators' opinions on
current list policies and poss):

Dear BrailleNote Users communyoung:
For some of you, today is a historical day, while for others, it
is just another weekday or a school day.  For those who're
affected by what happened a decade or so ago, we understand your
feelings.  Hope you're comforted whereever you are.
But beyond our usual greetings, we'd like to say hi and welcome
to our recent subscribers (we hope you'll have an awesome time on
this list).  To our old friends: it was a pleasure serving you as
your admin for the past year, and we look forward to being your
moderators and humbly serving you for years to come.
First, we would like to address some forward messages from
HumanWare technical support as it relates to forwarding HW's
from HumanWare staff, it is not a good idea to forward all
issues in 9.3 are critical, thus some members did (and possibly
would) send number of emails to HW.  However, given that all the
replies we saw (from people who forwarded HW's response) are what
we would call "withypical responses" - namely, responses such as
"it will be considered for future release" or "it will be
forwarded to developers" are standard replies that people get.
So if you do send your email to HW and you get a response like
this (or similar), we'd like to kindly suggest that you do not
forward these to this list unless this is first time that a given
reply statement was sent to you (we have a number of examples
like that).  Same goes with automated responses with a typical
subject line of "case number" - again, we'd like to kindly advise
that you keep that in your inbox.
Secondly, we'd like to talk about so-called "inbox floods" - that
is, one or more members sending multiple messages, each having
same content as the one before.  This is also compounded by
We do understand that some of us are new to email lists, thus may
not know email mannerisms, so we usually don't moderate or ban
these people so that they would learn manners by interacting with
and seeing posts from others.  What would warant a ban or
temporary moderation is if "offlist diplomacy" fails - that is,
if offlist discussion between admins and the individual doesn't
work, then the individual will be warned offlist (in a nice way)
before moderation flag is set.  But there are cases when a member
will be put in moderation right away (we haven't seen this happen
yet, thankfully).
Now back to our discussion of email floods: we'd like to address
something which came up on other lists, but we're seeing this for
the first time here: please let us do our best in our positions.
That is, if you have a major complaint about a member (or a group
of them) such as asking the member to stop sending same messages,
it would be best if you can contact the moderators directly so we
can have some offlist discussions (with the parties invloved,
plus the mods).  This even includes us (admins; if you have a
complaint against any of us, please send your email to us so we
can respond and have a talk offlist to find solutions together).
That's all.  If you have any questions about this letter or other
list policies, please feel free to contact the admins at
braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and we'll try to respond
quickly (if possible).  Thank you and have a wonderful week (and
be careful not to get sick in this weather).
Sincerely,
Joseph Lee
University of California, Riverside
BrailleNote Users List Admin (along with Alex Hall, your other
admin (who I consider much better than I am in terms of
administration))

------------------------------

Subject: [BNU] Re: Admin's Letter: A few notes on forwarding,
messages and othe
From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:35:48 -0400

Thanks Joseph.  I want to add one thing: sometimes, people
unfamiliar with email lists do send the same message multiple
times, thinking that this will somehow get them a response.  To
those people: if someone knows an answer, they will respond, and
re-sending emails will not help get a response any faster.  That
said, we have all had our email programs go crazy on us and end
up sending out multiple copies of a single message, especially if
we use Keymail.  So, it may not be that a person is re-sending a
message to try to get answers, it may simply be that person's
mail program not cooperating.

Aside from that, Joseph said everything I planned to say, so
please keep his message in mind going forward.  Thank you all for
your continued participation on this list.
On Sep 11, 2013, at 3:19 PM, Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

by responses it generates (for us, the responses it has
generated).  We do understand that some of us are new to email
[...]

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators,
please send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:47:08 -0400
From: Roanna Baccchus <rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx

Yes Jessica I agree with you.  Every time I send an email to
Humanware they tell me the same thing.  I really wish we could
hear from the BrailleNote team about what we can expect in the
next KeySoft release.  I also wish we could know what issues have
been fixed.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:47:53 -0800
From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx
messages and othe

I think it is the person sending the same email more then 1
times, not the email program, because when I read the emails that
have more then one copy, each copy is worded slightly differently
either in the email body or subject line.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:48:51 -0800
From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx

Same.

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:22:14 -0400
From: Roanna Baccchus <rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Just Received An Email from Alex Bec

Hi everyone I just received an email from Alex Bec at Humanware.
He told me that the fix for not being able to click links in
emails using KeySoft 9.3 is coming very soon.  I'm hoping it will
be out before Christmas.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:24:26 -0400
From: Shawn Abraham <shawnabraham21@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] File sharing site (2Shared)

Hi all,
A debate team that I'm on is using Geogle Docs for our research.
I know Google Docs won't work with the BN, so I tried 2sharedcom.
I heard it would work.  Mason C I remember a while back said it
would work.  I checked out the siffe for a long while but can't
see how it works.  Can someone help?

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:28:19 -0600
From: Paul <turtlefam28@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Hey guys i made a great! descovery

Hey guys just figured out how to use google docs! So i was
working yesterday and doing my work etc.  i figured out how to
use google docs more simpler, and with your bn! If you wanna
know, contact me offlist.

Paul.  G is for go figure.  R is for righteousness.  E is for
well, you know; Excellent! A is for absolute kindness.  T is for
the best friends.  If you have all five you are well I hope you
spelled it greatffI found out how to use your google docs.! I
used it with my teacher and she says etc and it works! If you

From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BNU] Re: Hey guys i made a great! descovery
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:34:41 -0400

Since this is how to access that service on the Braillenote,
please share it with the entire list.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2013, at 19:28, Paul <turtlefam28@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery

From: Josh Gregory <joshkart12@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:44:38 -0400

Hey there, why not provide the information on list, so it may be
useful to others who are trying to accomplish the same task?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2013, at 7:28 PM, Paul <turtlefam28@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators,
please send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Thanks.

------------------------------

End of braillenote Digest V6 #264
*********************************

-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please
send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thanks.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view