[BNU] Re: converting from an old mpower to an apex

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rilniski@xxxxxxxxx, bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:39:32 -0800

I have used both an mPower and Apex before, so I know some similarities and differences between them. mPower: needs external cards for wifi and wired internet. Apex: has an internal wifi card and a built in port for wired internet. mPower: has 2 usb ports and one compact flash port. Apex: has 3 usb ports and 0 compact flash ports. They both have sd card ports. mPower: you can not turn scripting off and on. Apex: you can turn off and on scripting. mPower: always says virtual memory is below 97 percent when using keyweb. Apex: never says virtual memory is below 97 percent when using keyweb. MPower: displays security alert dialogs when using keyweb. Apex: does not display security alert dialogs when using keyweb if you are on keysoft 9.3 or higher. If you are on keysoft 9.2.2 or lower, the Apex will still display security alert dialogs. mPower: does not have a scroll wheel. Apex: does have a scroll wheel. mPower, needs to be returned to hw or taken to a computer shop to have the batteries replaced. Apex: has a user replaceable battery. MPower: slower and less ram. Apex: faster and more ram. mPower: only about 600 mb on the flash disk. Apex: 8 gb on the flash disk. mPower is fatter then Apex. mPower gets better radio reception then Apex. Also with the mPower the radio does not cut out when you type on the keyboard. On the Apex, the radio does cut out when you type on the keyboard. mPower: you can record from the fm radio. Apex: you can not record from the fm radio. That is all I can think of for now, but if I think of anything else, I will send another reply to this thread. Also if you have anymore mPower and Apex questions, you can ask me on or off list. I am also experienced in the braillenote classic. The only one I have never used or had a chance to look at is the pk.