[BNU] Re: That is more than enough!!!)!! was: RE: Re: Convert Nemeth Math to print faster than ever before

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Portia Scott <portiaprincess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:23:22 -0500

First, what Youtube did was lessen support for Flash, which used to be their
video playback platform. They did this because the whole world is leaving Flash
behind - not even Android devices support it now, and that used to be one of
their selling points. Youtube has started transitioning to HTML5, which is a
new standard, so of course you need a newer browser to use it. For the vast
majority, this is not a problem, and even older devices manage support (look at
the Braille Sense). Google is not at fault here, they are just doing what they
need to do. Humanware is the party that has failed to introduce a solution.
However, the move to HTML5 should make it easier for Humanware to provide
Youtube support, since there is now no Flash to worry about.

As to Humanware not making the feature news accessible, they do tell you
everything in their emails that the videos say. Yes, it would be nice to have
audio versions of the videos, but you’re really not missing much if you cannot
watch them.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx