[BNU] Re: Skweezer And The Apex

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:48:39 -0500

I want to point out one thing: why should bn users get special treatment? If
the service is valuable to you, why not follow the instructions laid out in the
message from Skweezer, instead of asking them to make exceptions just because
you use their service? Basically, you are saying that you wish to continue to
use something for free because it is useful, yet that very popularity is likely
why they needed to monetize the service in the first place. Am I missing
something here? I don't wish to offend anyone, I just fail to see the logic of
asking for a now paid service to remain free because you use that service.
On Feb 2, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Roanna Baccchus <rbacchus228@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear BrailleNote Users,
>
> This morning I received a message about skweezer no long being free for us to
> use.  I sent them an email and have not yet received a response.  I think
> more people from this list should email them.  Tell them how valuable it is
> to blind users.  I use Skweezer to access my gmail account.  Please respond
> as soon as possible.
> -------------------------------
> BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
> from Humanware.
> Website: www.braillenoteusers.info
>
> IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that
> your reply would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in
> your email client.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
> line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> You can also visit our list page at:
> www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
> From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
> list archives.
>
> If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
> email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx