[BNU] Send to dropbox.com

  • From: Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 00:25:58 -0600

Hello everyone, I'm on a Nother mailing list where the owner has sent out
something pretty cool for you guys for the beings and I wanted to pass on her
info. She used to be a member of this listing I believe that she still is but
if she's not I think it would be very useful for you guys to have brownouts. A
care and enjoy.

> Hi. Just wanted to let you know about a website I found a few days ago. You
> will have to do the initial setup on another device like a computer or iPhone
> because a few weeks ago dropbox started doing a captcha for loggins so now we
> can no longer log in on our bns. However, it is quick, easy, free or you can
> upgrade for more advanced features but I use the free version and it works
> just fine for me. If you want the upgrade it's about $3 per month or $25 per
> year. I think the upgrade lets you pick the email address you want and gets
> you faster tech support and some other stuff. When you are done, you will be
> able to use your bn to upload files to dropbox. You go to sendtodropbox.com
> <http://sendtodropbox.com/> and sign in with your dropbox email address and
> password. This will link send to dropbox.com <http://dropbox.com/> to your
> dropbox account. After the accounts are linked, you will be given an email
> address. Wright this down somewhere where you will not lose it. I put mine in
> keylist. Now, with that email address, you can attach files to emails and
> send them to that address. The attachments will be uploaded to your dropbox.
> You can also set it to also keep the email body or the attachment only and if
> it is a zip archive do you want it unzipped and delete the original zip file,
> unzip it and keep the original zip file, or do nothing with it. You can keep
> the email address private or give it to people you trust so they can also
> upload files to your dropbox. The file size is only limited by the email size
> limit your email provider has set. Gmails is 25 mb, most others are 10 mb. If
> you want to send more then 1 file in an email you also can as long as the
> total size of the files does not go over your email size limit. If it does,
> send the files separately or try zipping them. By default, emailed files and
> the email bodies if you have email bodies turned on go into a folder called
> apps and then under a sub folder called attachments. You do not need to make
> these folders, they will be automatically created. If you have it set to
> unzip archives, the unzipped files will be placed in a sub folder of the
> attachments folder. The sub folder will have the same name as the zip file. I
> think there is a way to change where emailed files go, but I have not figured
> out how to use that feature yet. I email files to dropbox, then use the iOS
> dropbox app or my computer to move the files to where I want them. If you are
> going to be uploading big files, I would recommend doing it from the gmail
> site or from the website of whatever email account you have instead of
> keymail, because keyweb uploads way faster then keymail. However, if the file
> is small then using keymail will most likely be faster then signing into the
> website. I find this very useful. Before, if I had a file on my bn I wanted
> to put in dropbox, I would have to email it to myself, then open the
> [...]

Joseph Hudson
jhud7789@xxxxxxxxxxx