[BNU] Mod Note on Recent spam

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bn list <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 12:10:01 -0500

List:
First of all, I'm sorry to anyone who experienced problems with their notetaker
or screen reader as a result of this latest spamming of the list. We had
filters in place to catch this sort of thing, but only Freelists.org knows why
they did not.

Second, please, please, please do NOT respond to the message. The only thing
that does is give users yet another message that will crash their machines. We
all know it is spam, and we all know it was wrong, so there is no need to
discuss it further and clutter up the inboxes of all our subscribers.

Third, despite the name on the email, we have reason to believe that this
message did not come from who it seemed to. Please do not attack the original
poster for sending it, as it was likely sent by someone faking their email
details.

Thank you for your cooperation, and sorry again for the trouble. Why people
feel the need to continue to try to ruin everyone else's day is beyond me, but
the moderators' offer stands. If you have a problem with us, the list,
Humanware, or anything else, tell us off-list. Swear at us, try to crash our
synthesizers, we don't care, but send it to
braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, not the entire list. There is absolutely
no need to send this sort of thing to everyone.

--
Have a great day,
Alex