[BNU] Introduction and request for help

  • From: christina law <peacefortheworld11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 15:07:13 -0800

Hello BrailleNote Users!
My name is Christina and I live near San Francisco. I'm 31 and a mostly happy BrailleNote Apex user. I've been with the Humanware family of products since 2003 I recently got my Apex back from Canada and it seems to have more problems than it did before. The biggest ones are that every time I do a regular reset, it installs the manual again. I've done just about every kind and formula of reset I can think of, and nothing solves the problem. Someone suggested erasing some file in the dictionary folder, but I can't remember what. On top of that, instead of saying flash disk, it says flash disk 2 when I go through my drives. Someone told me they think my flash disk is corrupted. For those of you who know what d o r is, (department of rehab), my case is closing so I won't be able to get my device sent in again. So if this can be solved another way, that would be beneficial. Since Monday is a holiday here in the states, I do not think Humanware Tech Support will be open. So I'm calling Australia or New Zealand, expensive as that is, whenever I can get a hold of someone. But if anyone has ideas before that, or if this has happened to you, please share. It's frustrating!
Pleasant day to all of you!
Christina

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view