[BNU] Re: Error saving email: the operation completed successfully

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lucy Sirianni <lucysirianni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:50:36 -0500

With no backups, there is no way to recover previous versions of the mail
database. Others can correct me if I'm missing something, but as far as I know
your only real option now is to erase it and start all over. You may want to
see if gMail offers a way to limit how many emails are downloaded by pop
clients (the bn is using pop). This way you are not flooded with hundreds of
messages - if memory serves, part of why keymail does this is too much email.
Of course, it happened to me with less than a hundred messages, so who knows?

Anyway, here's how to do this:
1. Go to file manager, browse files, flash disk, keymail folder.
2. Press space-x (I think the qt command is read-x) until the apex shows hidden
files. Space down to email folders.cdb and erase it (backspace-1-4 on bt, I
don't know the qt).
3. You will be asked a couple times if you really want to erase the file; say
yes each time until the file is gone.
4. From there, without returning to the main menu at all, press reset and wait
for the apex to do its reset thing.
5. Once it is back, go to keymail and try to read from the inbox, declining to
check for new messages. You will be told that the database for email folders
does not exist and asked to create one; answer yes to this prompt.

That's it. In theory, you have a shiny, new, empty mail database. Again, I seem
to recall hw saying that too many emails causes the corruption, so try to limit
the amount of mail in your database. If possible, consider switching to an iOS
device as your primary mail management platform, or a computer with an
imap-enabled program on it.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx