[BNU] Re: Controlling a windows computer from the Mpower?

  • From: Jean-François Colas <jfcolas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:43:54 +0100

Hello Ann & all,

All I can say, with an Apex under Keysoft since 9.2, is that when in connection with a PC and Jaws, you have two modes if input, you can switch between them with space+i. The "normal" mode is announced by a unique beep, the "input" mode by two beeps. In input mode, all or almost all the keys can be emulated. If I remember correctly, for example, the function keys are the matching letter plus dot 8 (F1 = 1-8, F2 = 1-2-8, etc). On the other side, in "normal" mode, the combinations can be customized with the Keyboard Manager.

I don't know for which version of the driver/material the "input" mode has appeared.

You wil probably find some commands with Space+h, especially for "normal" mode.

J.-F.

Le 23/02/2017 22:37, Ann a écrit :

Hi folks,

If anyone who has experience using the Braillenote, especially the older models, as a braille display for a computer can help, I'd appreciate it.

When using my Mpower as a braille terminal, Is it possible to emulate function keys such as Alt+ the F4 on the Braillenote Mpower? And, exactly how is this done?

How about the applications key, context menus?

I've looked up the commands for both Jaws and/or NVDA, but either I'm doing something wrong or they just don't work.

Thanks,

~Ann

You can also visit our list page at:
www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You can also visit our list page at:
www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view