[BNU] Re: Bard books on the Apex

  • From: Marissa <pianogirlforlife7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>, pianogirlforlife7@xxxxxxxxx, reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 09:46:21 -0800

Does anyone have the link to the site?

----- Original Message -----
From: <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx
To: "Marissa" <pianogirlforlife7@xxxxxxxxx>,<reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:44:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [BNU] Re: Bard books on the Apex

if you are qualified for BARD, then you can register.

Donna
tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx
To: "<tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx>" <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 12:25:39 -0500
Subject: [BNU] Re: Bard books on the Apex

Guess I was not totally clear.  Must I call nls to register my
apex for bard? Thanks for the instructions on how to access once
on apex!

Reggie and Allegra

On Nov 16, 2013, at 12:11 PM, <tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First of all, you need to get your Apex authorized with NLS and
HumanWare.  Then, these are the steps that I was given to read
books on the Apex.

You can also log onto the NLS website and download books, but I
use my computer and put the books on an SD card.

If you are using the same SD card on your apex as on your stream
you would follow the below steps to play the BARD book on the
apex.

1.  Make sure you are at the main menu and put the SD card in to
the apex.

2.  From the main menu type b for book reader.

3.  The apex will probably be prompting you for a folder, press
backspace once to get to the drive prompt and press s for sd
card.

4.  Space to the $VRDTB folder and press enter.

5.  Space to the book you want and press enter.

6.  Once the book is open you can start playing it.

You can get a complete list of daisy commands for navigating the
book from the help menu.  Type space with h on a BT or press the
help key on a QT.  Space to daisy commands and press enter to get
the list of commands you can use in the book reader to navigate
and play the BARD book.

Donna
tcorson2@xxxxxxxxxx
-----Original Message----- From: Regina Alvarado
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:15 AM
To: bn list
Subject: [BNU] Bard books on the Apex

one of the lurkers with a question because I have been helped
before! (smiles) What are the steps to set up Apex to read Bard
books? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Reggie and Allegra -------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please
send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thanks.

Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:15 AM
To: bn list

one of the lurkers with a question because I have been helped
before! (smiles) What are the steps to set up Apex to read Bard
books? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Reggie and Allegra -------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery

-------------------------------
BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family
of products from Humanware.
Website: www.braillenoteusers.info

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals.  If
you feel that your reply would be useful for others, please use
"reply to all" feature in your email client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the
subject line of "unsubscribe" to
braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery
settings and view list archives.

If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please
send an email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Thanks.

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view