[BNU] Admin's letter (important): words, consequences and word bombs on multiple email lists

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 00:38:41 -0700

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your calmness. Second, I'd like to
personally thank our spammer (who's not here) for opening a can of worms on
yourself.

It has actually been reported that this dude who posted the message with the
word bomb on this list has spread his spam on other lists, namely a GPS
software list and the list for users of competition products. Thankfully,
that person is gone, so no worries on our end. However, this calls for a
reminder about words and consequences it can bring if used maliciously in
public setting.

As for the thread in question, let's close it for now unless that dude
strikes again (and you know what to do if that happens, I'm sure). However,
given a confidential tip-off I got on a possible identity of our spammer
friend, we the admins will keep a close eye on similar patterns of future
posts from that guy.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph