[BNU] Re: Admin notice New admin/moderators effective immediately, plus one former admin stepping down

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marcusm318@xxxxxxxxx>, <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 17:44:03 -0800

Hi BNU members,
First of all, congratulations to our new leaders. May you be examples of
service for BrailleNote users around the world.
Second, effective January 9, I (Joseph) am stepping down from my daily admin
duties. Marcus asked me to stay on to assist him in his list leadership, and
I did announce a few months ago that I'm stepping down from my admin
position by end of 2014. Now that we have new leaders and seeing that the
list is quite stable (new members joining us) and because of my commitment
to a new school and projects not relating to BrailleNote, I decided to let
the next generation of users take the baton from old folks.
It was a wonderful experience for me to lead a list dedicated to BrailleNote
family of products and launch new events to draw users together. Although I
do have some comments on recent HumanWare activities, I'm confident that
BrailleNote will have its place for many of you for days to come. Also, I do
humbly admit that I am vulnerable to criticism and am not perfect, and feel
that my passion for HumanWare's products has diminished somewhat, but I do
know that BrailleNote has its own potential in the changing landscape of
blindness mobile devices and that I hope you folks had a wonderful time on
this list with me, seeing my ups and downs and everything in between.
As for my decision to officially step down, it was in my mind for a while:
now that I'm working on NVDA screen reader project and am studying a new
subject, I felt it was time to hand over the leadership baton to the
younger, more passionate BN users. I do know that there are younger people
who know more about BrailleNote than I do now, and that they are more than
capable of and happy to answer your questions. I'll stay as just one of the
members, to learn from the "new experts" now (I will represent braille
users' concerns to NVDA project, which includes you).
Once again, thank you for being part of a major part of my life -
experiences from leading the BrailleNote Users list will be something I'll
remember throughout my life. Again, as the official head admin (Marcus)
said, please show respect to the new leadership team as they journey with
you in using the BrailleNote to its full potential in 2015.
Cheers,
Joseph (former admin)