[brailleblaster] o we need an import choice on the file menu?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:02:14 -0500

I think BrailleBlaster should be able to determine how to handle most
files that are chosen iin the Open item. The fileDialog allows only
certain types of files to be chosen. It can be set to accept .utd and
.xml files, for example. Or it can be set to accept any kind of file.
Once the file is opened itshould be possible to determine how to handle
it in most cases. Only certain types of files, such as pdf, would bring
up a dialog box stating that they could not be handled.

This brings up the question of what flavor of DAISY BrailleBlaster
should be written for. I think we will have to use the element names and
attributes to determine processing. Other flavors of DAISY would have to
be converted via xslt, which is supported by XOM. I don't think the
semantic-action files such as used in liblouisutdml can be made powerful
enough to support editing. I also see no way in which they could be
supported  in XOM.

Thanks,