[brailleblaster] java and the great xp meltdown

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:08:11 -0600

I have finished the first cut of the JSpawn class and a small test, and I am
working to get them compiled. I got the paths set up to run the jdk from the
command prompt and it will work -- so I can avoid eclipse for the time
being.  I need to test it just a little more then I'll send it to list and
ask JohnB if he wants to try it.

I have a few things to do to test it, but my xp laptop is dying a slow
painful death as I work.
I moved a lot of stuff to an external hard drive to free up the C drive, but
it is still pretty shaky.

I can probably copy it all to John's linux machine and test it on linux,
which is much friendlier.
Meanwhile, javac can't find a few symbols so I need to hunt for packages to
import.
More in a bit. I don't know how long it will take as testing is
unpredictable.

Does anyone know if there is a cat command on windows?  I need a small
program that isn't a shell script to test this code.
--le