[brailleblaster] Re: Re; JFace ProjectionViewer looking good

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:05:46 -0500

Where are you guys finding the Jface API docs and source code? Please
send me thr  URL. I often have a problem finding things on the Web. i
don't know why. I'm also a code hound, so i really want to look at the
source code.

What I want to do is associate blocks of text with nodes in the XOM
tree, such as associating the text in a new paragraph block with a new
paragraph node.

In the next release I was planning to walk through the XOM tree from an
input file and put any text found into the Daisy view using
StyledText.append This would just be to get some experience.

Once the Windows build files for liblouisutdml are ready, I want to
implement a simple translation capability. The user would chose an input
file via a standard file open dialog. It would then be translated and
displayed in the Braille view. Synchronizing the two views would not be
done at this time. The user could then chose the save-as menu item and
save the document as either brf or utd. In later releases more
functionality would be added.

John