[brailleblaster] Re: Making BrailleBlaster Directly Executable

  • From: Chris von See <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 22:39:13 -0700

You may want to try Launch4J (http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/) or exe4j (http://www.ej-technologies.com/products/exe4j/overview.html - commercial).

Chris von See
Senior Geek
TechAdapt, Inc.
http://www.techadapt.com
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Save trees.  Print only when necessary.

On Aug 6, 2010, at 6:16 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

We will want to have BrailleBlaster as an executable program, that is,
an .exe file or whatever the platform requires. The JNI Reference Manual
contains an example of how to call the JVM from a C program. I have
adopted this for our possible use. Of course it will need more tuning,
and will need to use the preprocessor to make it specific to various
platforms. It is attached for your consideration. Note that this is NOT
a comkmand-line progrram. It just gets BBrailleBlaster started.

John B.

<brailleblaster.c>