[brailleblaster] Re: Is there a library for context-sensitive help?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 01:12:46 -0600

Tooltips sound interesting. I haven't used them in Windows because I
don't know how to get Jaws to show them. I'll check. BrailleBlaster will
have a toolbar. The tips will work on this, but we also need something
that works on ordinary menu items.

My personal opinion is that we should avoid mouse-over. They are hard to
get to work in Jaws, and probably in other screenreaders also. I've
never been able to get one to work, and a very experienced person told
me that she has never been able to get mouse-over to jwork without
actually using a mouse.

John