[brailleblaster] Re: How do I get this notifyListeners addListener to work?

  • From: Chris von See <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:05:56 -0700

I'm not sure I completely understand what you did, but what I've done in the past is add a SelectionListener to the "Open..." menu item. The listener gets called when the user selects that menu item; you can then create and open a file dialog to allow the user to select the file and create your XOM tree, views, etc. You can also use a SelectionListener on a "Close" menu item to close the active document and free resources.

Cheers
Chris

On Jun 15, 2011, at 3:47 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

In the design for the word processor that I have come up with, it is
entered by a call to WPManager from somewhere, the main mehtod now.
WPManager creates an instance of DocumentManager which creates instances
of BrailleView, SaisyView, BBMenu BBToolbar and BstatusBar.
DocumentManager handles everything relating to a single document. When
the user choses the Open, New or Import items on the menu it calls
notifyListeners on its Shell. WPmanager has previously registered a
listener for the IpenDocument event on the display. The listener is
supposed to call a method which creates a new document and adds it to an ArrayList of documents. However, the listener never hears anything. What
is wrong?

Thanks,