[brailleblaster] Re: Dropping the import item on the file menu

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:21:56 -0500

Well, I think the user would expect importing other formats to be mostly
automatic. I am thinking of what MSWord does, since that's the word
procesor I'm familiar with. Export would be handled by the SaveAs item.
I'm not sure just what the Save item should do if the file was not in
the internal format originally. I think it  should savein the internal
format.

Do word processors give users warning when conversion may not preserve
everything in the original file? If conversion was not entirely faithful
we could pop up a dialog box with that information. This dialog could be
disabled by a setting.

John