[brailleblaster] Displaying and editing documents

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:24:57 -0500

At present, when a file is loaded every text node in the document is
simply displayed. This needs to be improved. Probably we should use an
xsl stylesheet, but we still need examples of how the document should
look. I.e., How should the display of a NIMAS document look?

In the case of displaying a document which has been translated with
UTDML, the Braille is displayed on the right, and the print
corresponding to the braille line is displayed on the left. No
stylesheet is needed.

In both cases, we need to work out how the files are edited. The
underlying xml document is handled by xom, a package for parsing,
building and manipulating xml files. The intermediate level will be
handled by overriding methods in the SWT StyledTextContent class. There
is already a BrailleContent class and a DaisyContent class. They need to
be fleshed out.

The "top" level is of course what the user enters on the screen. This
will be handled by events and listeners in the content classes.

Thanks,