[brailleblaster] Re: BrailleBlaster website updated

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:55:19 -0400

John,

This is very helpful for newbies. Here are my comments to make it even
easier.

You give a link to the ANT home page so could you give a link to the
Mercurial home page or a site where you can download it?

From the website: you must then compile liblouis liblouisutdml and libxml1
and copy
the compiled libraries into the dist/narive/lib directory.

Is it libxml1 or libxml2? I am a little confused about this library. From
the web page it sounds to me like you would have to build it for Windows
even though I know you don't. How does it relate to Windows?

In this statement there is a typo in the path. It should be dist/native/lib.

From the website: SWT jar file for gtk 64-bits

Should this be a link? It isn't.

From the website: commons-exec-1.1.jar, execute enternal prograns

Should this be "internal programs?"

From the BB download page: Please read these instructions before dowloading
anything! BrailleBlaster works on
Linux, Mac and Windows in both 32 and 64 bits. There is a separate download
for each
platform and architecture. Chose the one that matches yours.

In the first line, it should be "downloading."

In the last line, it should be "choose."

Should you mention the link to the liblouisutdml Mercurial repository to
clone from?

Should you give the link to the liblouis repository and mention that it is a
Subversion repository, different than Mercurial?

I think links to get the needed programs to build with and keep the
repositories up to date are very important. This was one of the most
confusing things for me when I got into this. You can find different
versions of the tools from different websites and you don't really know
enough about it to know what to download.

This update to the website is a great start to help more people to be able
to build Braille Blaster from scratch with the latest updates. Great job!

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic
E-mail: vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx