[brailleblaster] Anyone who can find the linking problem will get free beer. [john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Files for Making Windows binaries]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:53:27 -0500

This was sent to the liblouisliblouisxml list, but I thought some people
on here might like to try for the free beer.

John

----- Forwarded message from "John J. Boyer"
<john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: Files for Making Windows binaries
From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:24:03 -0500
To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The attached zip file contains the files for making Windows binaries
that I have been working on. To try them unzip the file into the same
directory that holds the liblouis subdirectory. then go to the windows
directory which it creates and type nmake /f Makefile.msvc note that you
will need Microsoft Visual C++ Expres and must have your einvronment set
up properly. now for the bad news. The sources all compile nicely but
there is an error at link time that nobody seems to know how to fix.
Free beer to anyone who can get rid of it!

Thanks,

----- End forwarded message -----