[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanning software

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 23:27:08 -0500

Hi, Lisa!  There is an organization called the Association of Blind Citizens
which will pay 50% of the price for adaptive software.  They offer four
grants a year, one each quarter.  You can apply on-line and get more info at
http://www.blindcitizens.org.  I don't know much about them, but it's worth
checking out. <Smile>  If you have a choice, though, go with Kurzweil 1000.
Good luck!

Jana