[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanning help - a trick

  • From: Ron Wright <wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:12:50 -0700

On 3-17-2010 9:07 PM, John Immarino wrote:
I've found that it is most important to keep the book pressed against the scanner glass as completely as possible. Don't rely on the weight of the book or the scanner cover to keep the book in contact. I use both palms to press down on the book during scanning, but am careful not to move the book at all while pressing.

One trick I've found useful, especially if I have to hold the book down AND click something on the computer, or to to the pressing evenly with less effort....

I bought a bag of BBs -- lead shot might be even better -- and tied them up in a bandanna. Placing this on top of the book holds it down evenly.

I also use this scanning letters with a crease in them. The even pressure makes the crease much less obvious.

HTH somebody,
Ron

--
Ron Wright                                      Department of Psychiatry
wrightr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              University of Arizona