[bookshare-discuss] Re: released

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:42:11 -0400

Ugh! I've had a couple of books like that. I don't blame you for releasing it. My sighted daughter says that these oddly formatted books are difficult for her to handle too. Some of them just need to be rejected because the section and column breaks are messed up beyond reasonable repair. During her summer break, I'm going to pay my daughter to do some scanning for me so she'll have a sort of summer job. I may try rescanning a couple of these books then. I have to admit that a book about corporate finance doesn't fill me with joy and intrigue though. <shrug>

On Thursday 4/13/2006 08:42 PM, Grace wrote:
Hi:

I just released Essentials of Corporate Finance by Ross Westerfield and Jordan.
There's some funky formatting in this book. When I saved from doc to rtf the file was over 11000k. It appears to have continuous section breaks and even column breaks.
This book has been languishing on step1 for quite a while. I don't even know if there are page numbers to verify that all pages are there. The file was so big that Jaws had trouble reading.
Hopefully someone can take it on.
Good luck.
***
Grace