[bookshare-discuss] Re: recent books lists work-around

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:39:26 -0500

Cindy,

Initially I was tempted to say that was strange, except I remember you are using a Mac, so different bugs might appear for you. The only time I can get this one to consistently rear its head, is with the settings as I mentioned with the 1 month view, and only on the first page of the returns. Once you move to another page of the returns, it seems to clear up, but unfortunately, all the new books would be on page 1. When you are on page 1, the reported number of new books is skewed, being on the high side, and if you hit go to last page, it will take you to a page saying that no new books have been added to the collection. Once you move off the 1st page, the number of new books is corrected, and things are fine from there on, but there is an overlap between book titles on page 1 and 2, and of course, no new books.

Dave

At 01:47 AM 1/22/2009, you wrote:
Last week doesn't work, but three months does. Thanks,
Dave. I was going to give up mailing my lists.

Cindy

--- "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dave, thanks for posting this - very helpful!
>
> Judy s.
>
> talmage@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Courtney,
> >
> > Change your setting to return the new books added
> in either the last
> > week, or the last 3 months.
> >
> > I'm guessing you have your settings set to :
> > List View
> > Sort Order:
> > By Date Added
> > Date of Addition:
> > In the last month
> > Results Per Page:
> > 100
> >
> > As far as I can tell, these are the only setting
> that seem to cause
> > problems.  If you change any 1 of them, you will
> get more accurate results.
> > I've already sent something in to the staff about
> this.
> >
> > Dave

> Subject line.  To get a list of available commands,

WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm