[bookshare-discuss] question re descriptions of photos in books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

It's way late in my proofreading career to be asking this question (Have you
heard the expression "Too soon old, too late smart?"
 I'd like to know from member-readers how much, if at all, descriptions of
photos  in books, especially of people and the surrounding  setting  add to or
detract from your pleasure in reading the book. Are they desirable or
unnecessary? Do you like having the description, or is the mere word photo
sufficient?

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: