[bookshare-discuss] Re: one more question about scanning.

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:01:31 -0400

Hi, Amber. I think I see what's going wrong. When you scan part of a book and then close Openbook, it closes the file you were working on. When you start Openbook again, it opens up in a new blank file. You will need to open the file you worked on before and then start scanning more pages. To do this, press alt f for the file menu and use your up arrow to find the file you worked on. When you hear its name, press enter. Then you can start adding more pages to that file. What you have now is two separate files with parts of the book in them. You may have to backtrack to where you left off in the first file. I know this probably sounds confusing to you. Hang in there. You can learn to scan books, and we'll help you as much as we can.

Monica Willyard