[bookshare-discuss] Re: for mystery fans: Eye of the Law, #5 of the Burren mysteries is being readied for the collection

  • From: Tammy Blaker <wyomiia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:03:36 -0600

I don't know who to send this to, but it is information I'm sure a lot of
people in Bookshare would want to know  about.  It works with JAWS and other
screen readers.

Dear blind-interest@xxxxxxxxxx subscriber,
Amazon.com is releasing a new version of Kindle for PC that adds
accessibility features designed for blind and low-vision customers.
Kindle for PC with Accessibility Plugin is a free, downloadable application
for your Windows PC. It provides the following accessibility features:
text-to-speech reading with adjustable voice settings, voice-guided menu
navigation, large font sizes, high contrast reading mode, keyboard
navigation, and accessible shortcuts.
With this software, for the first time ever, the entire collection of
English language books in the Kindle Store can be read aloud. With over
750,000 English language titles, Amazon offers the largest selection of
accessible ebooks. In order to use the text-to-speech feature, an external
screen reader program must be installed and running on the Windows PC.
The free download is available at www.amazon.com/kindle/accessibility.
We welcome your feedback at kindle-PC-accessibility-feedback@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,
The Kindle Team