[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: e: Re: wishlist

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:30:51 -0700 (PDT)

Don't you hate that? One of the books I validated
recently some spelling errors in the book and some
grammatical/punctuation errors. Some of these
publishing companies apparently don't have
proofreaders. I put in the long synopsis a comment
like yours when I upload a book with errors that I'm
not allowed to fix.

On the other hand, if we didn't have the book for
comparison, we'd probably correct errors like that not
realizing they were not scannos but were actually in
the book itself. Perhaps the validator will do that.

Cindy

--- Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am uploading Guarding the Secrets right now. It
> will be on step 1 shortly. This book has numerous
> typographical errors which I left in the book. Some
> examples are:
>   suprise
> possibilites
> Then's
> pentitentiary
> affadavits
> We'e (instead of we've)
> futher (instead of further)
> suppposed (instead of supposed)
>
>   So please don't think I poorly scanned this book.
> I left them exactly as they are in the print
> version.
>
>   Here is the description from the back cover:
>   From Chapter One
> [Cliff checked his watch. It was nearly eleven,
> about the time Tina had promised to meet him. As he
> looked up, there she was, bouncing along, waving to
> him as she left Wendy's. Just before midnight the
> young couple was heading toward Tina's apartment. .
> . . As they stopped in the parking lot for Tina to
> retie her shoelace, Cliff said, "I'll walk you to
> the door."
> "No." Tina was adamant. "That's all right."
> "I'll stay then till you get into the house." Cliff
> was worried. There were no lights on in the Isa
> apartment and by this time of night her parents were
> always home from their corner grocery store.
> "Yeah, wait fifteen minutes," Tina said. "If there's
> any trouble�I'll come back out." She was afraid.
She