[bookshare-discuss] e: Re: e: Re: brf file question

  • From: Jack and Becky <icanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:59:30 -0600

Hello Dave and list!!
If I'm not mistaken bookshare uses libLouis with which I believe John J. Boyer is involved if not the actual Author.

I used Nfbtrans back in those WONDERFUL DOS days. Don't have much occasion to use a braille translator now since, as you say the braille lite does a bang up job of such, by itself, and that's what I use for my reading pleasure and work related things.
Smile!
All The best
Jack

From: David Goldfield <disciple1211@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:29:46 -0500
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: brf file question

This is interesting.  I've never actually looked at the accuracy
of the
Braille translations.  When I've downloaded .brf files I usually
just
run them through a back translator and then send them to my
Kindle.
I'll have to try actually reading them on my Braille Lite and
see
what
that experience is actually like.
Rick Roderick wrote:
I notice that quotes sometimes get translated as dot 4, question
mark.  I
think that this happens if an extra space occurs in the file
that is
imported.

   Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To
get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself
in the
subject line.