[bookshare-discuss] Re: daisy readers that work in windows 10:

  • From: "kenny Peyat jr." <p.wildcat1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 22:41:33 -0400

Hi allan Thanks for the info. I chose to go with the victor reader soft from humanwhere.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 10/10/2015 3:05 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:

I'm sure Kurzweil 1000 is a wonderful product but I suspect it might have a
hefty price tag. And the Victor Reader Stream is also a great product but
since Kenny is looking for something that runs under Windows 10, it sounds
like he wants a computer-based DAISY player.

I know the Victor Reader Soft Bookshare edition worked fine on my Windows XP
system and Bookshare still has it available for download so I assume it
works with Windows 10. Here's the link to their page which discusses DAISY
readers and I'll paste the applicable portion of that page after my
signature:

https://www.bookshare.org/cms/help-center/search/DAISY%20reading%20software

Good luck.

Alan Lemly

How do I download the complimentary DAISY reader software?

1. Log in to the Bookshare website with your username and password
2. Visit the Reading Tools page
3. Locate the download links for:

Read:OutLoud Bookshare Edition
Victor Reader Soft Bookshare Edition