[bookshare-discuss] Re: confusions about the visual

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 11:22:59 EDT

I once knew a man who took a trip to England and absolutely horrified the
people there when he referred to his children as the little buggers. To know
why, consider that bugger is what they call someone who engages in the
practice of buggery.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in
various ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: confusions about the visual
Date:
4/22/2009 12:10:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
diverson@xxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I grew up calling an icebox a Fridgedair. I think I was in late childhood
before
I realized that a Fridgedair was a brand name for a "refridgerator".
The fizzy drink that comes in a bottle or a can is POP! Pop? only up here
in
North Dakota and its invirons and, of course, Canada. When my daughter
moved to
Illinois she took a good deal of ribbing until she learned that it is
"soda!"
In Canada a couch is a Chesterfield. a nitted cap, what I grew up calling a

stocking cap is a took. The double O is pronounce long as in moon. Tuke Is
how I
have to spell it to get Eliquence to pronounce it correctly.
I new a lady from the south who, when asking you to take someone somewhere
would
say "could you carry him over to Austin?" or some such.
Only here in the upper mid west do you end a sentence with "with.
"I'm going up town. do you want to come with?"
If you are at a party and want a sample of the local booz you can ask "Can
have a snort?"
You can refer to a small child, or even better a small adult as "a short
snort".
My first wife was endlessly irritated by my name for what you ware to bed.
"Per Jammers"