[bookshare-discuss] Re: [bookshare-discuss]B&N ereader; wasRe: world eboo...

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:17:41 -0400

No.

At 05:15 PM 8/1/2009, you wrote:
Is that Barnes and Noble reader usable with the devices we blind people use for reading books? Can their ebooks be used on those devices without that reader? It doesn't sound like it.

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che Guevara

The Militant: <http://wwww.themilitant.com>http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press: <http://www.pathfinderpress.com>http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International: <http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html>http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: [bookshare-discuss]B&N ereader; wasRe: world ebook fair
Date:
8/1/2009 4:42:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
popularplace@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I see what you mean. It' a terribly confusing web page.

I clpied some infor from the page and also here'are a couple of URLs: A the URL below you can download the reader. Also, on the left side of the page there's a box headed by the words Get Started in bold. Underneath is a virtual tour,which is audio., and also a link to download the reader

There's a FAQ on the page. You can do a find for that I think. I guess this is B&N's answer to the amazon kindle.

Cindy

What is the Barnes & Noble eReader?
The Barnes & Noble eReader is an application used to read Barnes & Noble eBooks on your iPhone, Blackberry, Windows PC or Mac. Without it, you will not be able to read Barnes & Noble eBooks. Our eBooks are encrypted to protect the authors' work. Thus, other eBook Readers will not work with Barnes & Noble eBooks. The Barnes & Noble eReader can display styled text (italicized, underlined, etc.) and formatting as well as perform functions not found on other eBook readers. The Barnes & Noble eReader is FREE and is supported on multiple devices.

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

From: Meka White &lt;mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] world ebook fair
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 2:30 PM

Did you know that from today until August 4 is the World Ebook Fair, where
titles have been made available for download?

www.worldebookfair.org

Meka

block quote end

block quote end

block quote end

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=JulystepsfooterNO115)